Friday, March 30, 2012

When good recipes don’t come out as we expect it

Pin It
Checking out my Kind Diet cook book, I got a hunger for this recipe:


I don’t think words are necessary to explain why I thought this would be yummy. However, I did not have the ingredients I  needed. Instead of azuki beans, I used normal Brazilian beans (‘carioca’) and used my pressure cooker because we know how to cook beans down here.

My recipe did not come out as expected. It softened the beans too much and it came out as a soup (sorry, I don’t have a picture of it). Needless to say, I was quite upset about getting it wrong. I always do this- my recipes never come out as they should. Bummed.

And then, my hubby tried it (I was quite unwilling, it didn’t look nearly as appetizing!) and was blown away. He said it was the best bean soup he ever had- HA!

So I have learned three recipes so far, but I finally learned that there are times we need to let it go, and adapt to what we can have for dinner. As long as its yummy, who cares whether it looks like the book?