Thursday, April 12, 2012

Agave

Pin It

I would like to introduce a product that most people seem not to know about, but its quite yummy and useful: agave syrup.
Agave is the plant tequila is made. The syrup, however, has nothing to do with the alcohol in question. Agave syrup is similar to honey, but in my opinion, better. First of all, it’s a bit sweeter, but if feels differently. Secondly, because its glycemic index is better, meaning it helps you keep your body balanced and avoids a crash of hunger later one. Thirdly, because it’s better than artificial sweeteners. And lastly, because it is a vegan product, which means no animals are involved. We all watched Bee Movie and felt a tad of pain towards the slave-driven bees. Ok, maybe  not so much, but still!

If you can get your hands on some Agave (sold in regular grocery stores), I recommend you give it a try when you are cooking. I stopped buying honey since I found out about it.