Thursday, April 26, 2012

Delightful Inspired Thursday DIY project!

Pin It
I've had a DYI project practically finish hanging around my craft room for a while now, and what better time than today to post it? Welcome to a Delightful Order-inspired link party!


This project was inspired by Jen, over at iheartorganizing, and I must say, I heart her blog! Here is what Jen did:


You can read all about her Coat hanger project here.

I was trully inspired and mentioned it to my mum, who gave me the most gorgeous knob as a birthday stocking stuffer (is there such a thing? There is when my mum is in charge of buying gifts!). It's from a Brazilian store called Le Lis Blanc:


I kept my eyes open and was so thrilled when I found these laying around Lei Arte:


Next step was dragging my hubby to the local hardware store for a simple hanger and some paint. This is what I walked away with, for a mere R$16 (US$ 8):


The first thing I did was to get rid of the ugly knobs and sand the whole thing. Then, a coat of blue, which was a bit 'bluer' than I expected:


After another coat, I then went over it with an icy white:


Next step was sanding the white to get the blue to show. It was harder than I thought, and I ended up using a sponge soaked in turpentine to get the look I wanted:


Finally, the hooks went on. I actually had four, so was missing one. To my surprise, my mom remembered my project and brought me two from Anthropologie. I think they are the greatest!


Have you been working on any projects lately? Make sure to share them here and also at Delightful Order!