Monday, July 2, 2012

Meat Free Mondays: Breakfast Pancakes

Pin It
In my house, we are all IHOP lovers. Seriously. I will take an IHOP meal over the fanciest spread any day. Unfortunately, the American goodness is not available in Brazil, so we have to make do with what we have. Which means searching for good pancake recipes.


Told ya we LOVE us some Ihop. No one pours Maple Syrup on to their Iced Tea like my baby!

So today I'd like to share our Pancake recipe. It's from the Country Living Cook Book and it's the easiest one I found. When I am hungry on a Sunday morning, I'll take quick pancake over fancy ones!

Pancakes
Ingredients:
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder

Directions:
1- Pour the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder onto a bowl and mix. Make a well in the middle.
2- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, vanilla, butter and milk.
3- Add the wet mixture to the well in the dry one.
4- Mix it up, but not too well. The lumpy batter is what guarantees a soft pancake!
5- Let it rest for five minutes.
6- Pour it on a frying pan or griddle and turn it over half way through- when it gets that brown goodie look!


Make sure you have yummy toppings to serve! My favorite (besides gallons of maple syrup) is peanut butter and mom's organic blackberry jam!