Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Vay-cay books!

Pin It
I mentioned I am taking one whole week off work next week, which I am very excited about!

To help me unwind and relax, I have programed all posts for the next week, and will be unplugged until Monday the 23rd. I find that crucial to make the most of my days off, and cruising through facebook and the blogging world will only make me glued to the computer. If I start with some withdrawl symptoms, I'll have to check my bloglovin' roll, but I am hopeful about making it an internet-free week!

Yesterday I shared the DVDs and TV I plan on watching, so today I'd like to share with you the books I plan on reading next week:



1. The Bible. I am currently reading 2 Samuel, and I really want to focus on getting the most of what I can. Because a lot of the Old Testament is history based, I tend to forget a lot of stuff! And although I've read the Bible a couple of times, I think I tend to rush through it, so I am making an extra effort to take my time on each paragraph, to make the most of it.

2. The Best of Me, by Nicholas Sparks. I am a sucker for Nicholas Sparks ever since I read The Notebook and Dear John. I'll make sure I have a box of kleenex by me!

3. Capture His Heart: Becoming the Godly Wife your Husband Desires, by Lysa TerKeurst. Lately I've noticed just how much pressure I put on my husband, and just how much nagging I tend to do. Time to fix that! 

4. Grace for the Good Girl, by Emily Freeman. Too many times I try to do too much because I can't possibly not measure up to people's expectations of me. This book should help me deal with that, so I can stop trying to please everyone all the time, which is plain exhausting!

5. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. I think this book needs no introduction. I've actually not yet seen the movie as well, but I take books over movies any time.

6. Empty Promises, by Pete Wilson. I watched an interview with him and I felt I had to read what he had to say. This book is about the things in life we tend to want, and I have a big problem wanting them!

Do you have any book suggestions for me?