Friday, September 21, 2012

Five minute Friday: Wide

Pin It
Today we are joining Lisa-Jo Baker (am I the only one who still referred to her as The Gypsy Mama?) for her Five Minute Friday. Here is what she has to say about it:

This is where a brave and beautiful bunch gather every week to find out what comes out when we all spend five minutes writing on the same topic and then sharing ‘em over here.

 
Rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on: WIDE
 
 
 
'And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God ' Ephesians 3:17-19
 
 
I once read in a Donald Miller book that trying to understand God is like a breakfast pancake trying to understand me. It sounded like an odd analogy at the time, but I am now beginning to understand what he meant.
 
We think with our human minds, feel with our human souls, love with our human hearts. Although we may love our closest relatives very deeply, there will always be times in which we are frustrated, disappointed, angry or upset with them. We don't love them any less, but we just wish they would do things a bit differently.
 
The idea of a Jesus who loves me and accepts me no matter what still seems foreign to me, and I have to keep reminding myself of it. He loves me even when I scream at my husband. He loves me even when I curse at someone who cut me off in traffic. He loves me even when I am too lazy to get a load into the laundry. Not only does he love me, he loves me just as much as if I were perfect. Actually, he probably loves me more because he knows I am not.
 
My human heart, mind and soul cannot fathom that.
 
And so I must learn to depend only on His Spirit. To focus only on Jesus. To live only for God. So I may continue to feel the love that surpasses knowledge, and that is showered upon me, whether I realise it or not.
 
Have a blessed weekend, everyone!