Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spring is here!

Pin It


 

I know the title sounds a bit weird for you Northern-Hemisphere peeps. However, although it's officially Fall up there, it's Spring down here (for you geography-challenged folks, think about the tilt of the planet Earth to understand how seasons are opposite).

My favorite season actually is Fall. Not only that, it's Fall in Georgia, where the trees change color, the air seems crisper and the humidity gives us a break. That, plus all the pre-holiday-season smells, tastes and feeling. Fall leads into Christmas much better than Spring does. Christmas in Brazil usually involves beaches, bbqs and heat waves. Not exactly Winter Wonderland.

However, this year I am quite excited about Spring. It's a season for rebirth, and that is exactly what I've been going through lately. Plus, all the lovely flowers blooming and the nice, sunny weather just makes me want to smile all the time.

I usually have a traditional Spring cleaning around the house. It's time to give clothes to charity, de-clutter a bit more and frantically scrub on all those hard-to-get places. Not this year, though. For as long as I can remember, I've been too focused on the outside, on keeping a neat and tidy house.

This year I am doing things differently and having my own internal Spring cleaning. Figuring out what is important to hold on to. What has been overdue to be left out. How to improve. How to relax. How to accept. How to forgive. How to let go.

How about you? Do you have any Spring (or Fall!) rituals?