Monday, October 22, 2012

31 days: On kindness

Pin It
I am joining the Nester plus quite a few other bloggers in a 31 day writing challenge. You can write about whatever you want, and I choose to write on the search for a Spirit-led life. Join me, won't you?

To start reading from the beginning, and for links for all days, click here.




On kindness
 
 
 

I am a good girl. I like rules. I thrive under positive reinforcement. I was born for legalism.
 
I've talked about how easy it is for me to slip into a Christian competition, even with myself. How I tend to lean on my actions. How much of a good girl I am. And how I've been throwing it all away lately.
 
Each time I choose to be instead of do, I see a clear lesson: kindness.
 
Kindness towards others.
 
Each time I pass on the chance to judge. To preach. To lecture. To roll my eyes. To speak my mind. To act all frumpy and pick a fight. Kindness.
 
Kindness towards myself.
 
Each time I let go of expectations. Of guilt. Of blame. Of feeling self-entitled. Of the need for perfection. Kindness.