Thursday, November 29, 2012

Resolutions schmolutions

Pin It
As we approach the last month of the year, I figured it was time to stop. Smell the flowers. And do some analyzing: how has 2012 been so far? If it has been good, you still have four weeks to make it better.And if it wasn't, you have four weeks to start turning things around.

This has been my first year blogging. And in this sense, blogging has really helped me. You see, I am one of those people who tend to forget New Year's resolutions by mid January. Kid you not. But when you blog, it's all here. I could claim I forgot it, but all I have to do is search. No excuses.

I came up with my list at the end of February. That's when I finally sat down and took it seriously enough to make a list of things I wanted to change. To improve. 

I checked it in May because I tend to get all excited with new stuff and then simply forget it after a while. It was a good thing I did, because I was totally slacking in some of them.

I checked it again in July. It was officially the middle of the year, and it sounded like the right thing to do. Yay, meticulous, organized me.

And then? I never thought about it again. Not once. Oh well...

So today I am taking some time to ponder on it a last time. You see, I am moving on. I've had wonderful and scary things coming up in my mind about what I need to work on for 2013. Or as of today. Why wait for a January 1st anyway?

I won't go through my 2012 list with you guys. That would be boring for you and maybe too much information from me. But I leave you with the thought- how have you been doing with your resolutions this year?