Monday, November 12, 2012

Thank you. And by the way, please forgive me.

Pin It
Remember I mentioned a new challenge for this month? I am sticking to it, not because I want to, but because I think I need to. I am one of those people who can really hurt others, not intentionally, but with my tone of voice, rolling of eyes, inconsiderable mean streak. I really don't mean to do it, but more often than not, I do. 

When I read Elizabeth's original post, I pretty much outlined all the people I needed to thank. But then the week happened, and God worked in me. And I realized I cannot plan that much ahead.

The first person I thanked was a colleague, and let me tell you, it was not easy. Mainly, because things happened, stuff got said and feelings were hurt. Both hers and mine. I really don't feel confortable adding details to this and exposing it online, but what matters is that although I did not feel I had done anything wrong, God showed me he could use this for His glory. So I did it. And although I did not hear a thank you and I'm sorry too, it's ok. I did it to please Jesus, not other people, and I know I achieved my goal.

The second person I thanked and asked for forgiveness was my husband. Y'all have no idea of what an amazing Godly man he is. Just when I think I know him well, he blows me away once again. 


What about you? Have you thanked anyone lately?