Thursday, December 13, 2012

Meeting Christ

Pin It

This is part 3 of my spiritual journey. Start reading here

My brother invited me to his church, but I wasn't very interested. I was way too judgmental, that is the truth. Then one day, Robin casually mentioned he would be baptized in the last Sunday he was in the States.

Say what? I couldn't believe it. He had been baptized as a baby, and that just sounded.... rude. He explained to me the differences in babies being baptized for cleansing of the 'original sin', and someone being baptized in Christ. It sounded important enough for me to attend,  because I was the only family he had in Atlanta, and I felt I just had to support him.



Brotherly love. 

The church was in a business center, which seemed odd to me. The amount of people there? A (very) small one. The music was dynamic and the service was radically different that I had ever seen. Everyone seemed way too young, including the pastor. I wasn't interested nor impressed.


At the end of the service they had the baptisms. I remember general nice things being said about my brother, and tearing up with his speech about his path to Christ. And then it happened.


Now, before I tell you what happened, I know it sounds controversial. I know some people don't believe it. But I'll tell you anyway.


I heard God speak. For the first time, ever, I felt in my heart that God was telling me something very specific, and that went against my plans for my own life:


You are next. 


 Come back tomorrow for part 4.